Benefits and Uses of Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana)
Witch hazel is generally used in cosmetics. However, it is known to be used by Indians for various diseases. Witch hazel is a plant species that is frequently mentioned in alternative medicine. What is witch hazel and what does it do? Here are the answers to the questions and witch hazel uses.
Witch hazel plant (hamamelis virginiana) ‘s homeland is Australia.However it is grown in many countries around the world. The ratio of fatty acids in it varies according to the region where it is grown. It is used not only in the cosmetics but also in food. It contains plenty of oleic acid, linoeic acid, palmitoleic acid, omega 3, omega 6 and omega 7.
In cosmetics, Witch Hazel juice obtained from the distillation of hamamelis virginiana plant with water vapor or concentrated extracts of this distillate is used.
Because people have used traditionally for hundreds of years, researchers have conducted many clinical studies on witch hazel. But, witch hazel is generally used in cosmetics. We summarize the benefits of witch hazel on skin and hair as follows:
- It is good for hemorrhoid.
- Helps hair grow faster.
- Makes hair shine.
- Ends dandruff.
- Contributes to the repair of over-processed hair.
- Balances skin moisture.
- Prevents under eye bag
- Helps in the treatment of ingrown nails.
- Witch hazel contains antioxidant substances. It repairs cell damage by providing collagen production in the body.
- Prevents cell damage on the skin and in the hair.
Benefits of witch hazelnut oil
- It is an anti-aging source.
- It contributes significantly to cancer treatment.
- Witch hazel oil is an antibacterial vegetable oil. It is very effective in clearing the inflammations on the skin.
- Regular use is recommended for cleaning the inflammations that damage the skin. After regular use, the infection on the skin is cleared and the damaged area heals.
- Witch hazel oil can treat acne in women and men.
- Nourishes the hair and helps it grow faster.
- Prevents problems such as itching and redness in the scalp.
How to use witch hazel
We’ve rounded up important tips about witch hazel uses as follows:
If you are using witch hazel for the first time, we recommend doing an allergy test on the inside of your wrist. If there is no color change within 10 minutes, you can start to use.
You can mix witch hazel with aloe vera gel when applying to the face if you have sensitive skin.
You can pour a few drops of witch hazel on a make-up remover cotton and wipe your makeup with this cotton. If you apply witch hazel on your face every night before sleep, you renew your skin in a very short time.
Apply witch hazel oil to your skin 2 times a day. Too much witch hazel use tires your skin. The most suitable routine for using witch hazel is morning and evening.
You can mix witch hazel with various essential oils to use in hair care. You can see the effects by adding only 3-4 drops of witch hazel to the hair mask.
If you apply it to the wounds and irritated skin by mixing it with olive oil, you will heal your wound faster.