The Health Benefits of Peppermint and Peppermint Oil
Adorning both meals and gardens with its magnificent scent, peppermint is a plant species that has been used in alternative medicine for centuries. Both fresh and dry form are used. Peppermint, which contains powerful active ingredients, is a miracle plant that protects the body against upper respiratory tract viruses. Details about peppermint benefits as follows :
Mint is very rich in vitamin A. It also contains plenty of calcium, magnesium, potassium, folate and omega-3 fats. Owing to these minerals and vitamins, mint is a source of healing for many diseases. Experts emphasize that consuming fresh mint every day affects our health positively.
Especially mint consumed with yoghurt reduces stomach ailments. Peppermint adds a distinctive taste with its pleasant smell and taste, which is often used in meals and salads. It also facilitates digestion. Peppermint, which is also used by drying, is known to be effective in stopping internal bleeding when consumed with vinegar. Peppermint, which has a calming effect, is good for menstrual pain and respiratory diseases for centuries. Studies have shown that it is effective in increasing breast milk.
Mint has about 30 species in the world. It is usually dried and preferred as a spice. It is one of the most consumed foods during the winter months. Lemon and peppermint are the most natural remedies for upper respiratory tract diseases. In addition, mint oil, which is extracted, has countless benefits for human health.
Benefits of Peppermint
- One of the most common ailments today is anemia. For this ailment, experts often recommend natural treatment methods. The most effective of these natural treatment methods is peppermint consumption. Especially consuming fresh peppermint every day meets the daily vitamins and minerals that the body needs.
- Harmful microorganisms in some foods are broken down and excreted from the body owing to the uric acid in the body. However, an unhealthy body cannot do this process. This causes edema to accumulate in the joints and some organs. To prevent this, put fresh peppermint and water in a bottle and let it for a while. Drink a glass of this juice before and after breakfast in the morning. This mixture allows you to excrete harmful toxins from your body through urine.
- The rosmaniric acid in mint provides a refreshing effect. In this way, fresh mint both cleans the respiratory tract and prevents inflammation in respiratory diseases experienced in all seasons. Tea made from fresh peppermint leaves provides a healing effect for these ailments.
- Fatty and carbohydrate foods cause digestive problems. Owing to the menthol it contains, peppermint is good for digestive problems such as indigestion. Fresh peppermint leaves added to salads, tea or cold teas reduce the risk of indigestion.
- Also, keep a handful of fresh mints with you on cruises and long-distance car trips. Smelling these peppermints from time to time throughout the journey will prevent your nausea.
- It is also effective in removing bad breath, which is almost one of the biggest problems, and cleaning the salivary glands from infection. When chewed fresh, it prevents the food wastes between the gums from causing infection. It strengthens the gums and renews the tooth surface.
- It is also a natural cure for diseases such as worms, which are often seen in children. While shedding the worms, it cleans the bladder and intestines. It prevents the formation of hemorrhoids.
- If lactating women consume it, it provides an increase in milk. It also increases the lactating woman’s resistance to viruses and bacteria.
- When it is boiled and its steam is smelled, it opens the sinus tracts. It shrinks the enlarged nasal glands. It increases the oxygen uptake in the body. This method is also effective in calming the nerves.
- It easily rids your body of radiation that caused by environmental factors.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
- When applied to the forehead and neck with massage, peppermint oil relieves chronic headache diseases.
- By applying it to the pimples, the deformation caused by the pimples can be reduced.
- Peppermint oil is effective in reducing fatigue and stress.
- By adding half a tea glass of warm water and gargling, the severity of mouth sores can be reduced.
- When applied by massaging the abdomen during menstrual periods, it reduces the severity of pains and cramps.
Benefits of Lemon Peppermint Tea and Lemon Peppermint Tea
- Put two tablespoons of dried mint in a boiling pot with 4 glasses of water.
- While boiling, add half a glass of lemon juice and a few lemon peels.
- After boiling for 5 minutes, leave for 10 minutes.
- You can consume it by filtering.
- If you want, you can add thyme, filter the water, put it in a bottle and use it as a tonic.
- For upper respiratory tract diseases, add honey to it. This mixture is effective in relieving throat dryness.
Side Effects of Peppermint
It is beneficial for pregnant women to consult a specialist before consuming peppermint tea. Since it is a strong solvent, it can damage the uterus. Experts do not recommend consuming too much peppermint and its tea. It is more useful to be in moderation and with the advice of a doctor.