Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency and Benefits Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C provides the body with antioxidants. It is deficient in some people and causes serious health problems. If early action is not taken, vitamin c deficiency can lead to bad results.
We have compiled symptoms of vitamin C deficiency which manifests itself with signs such as fatigue and sickness of the body.
So what are the symptoms of vitamin C deficiency? Which foods contain vitamin C?
Vitamin C is one of the important vitamins that the body needs. Deficiency of this vitamin often causes illness in the hair, skin and gums. Since people cannot produce vitamin C on their own, they have to get it from foods that contain vitamin C. Vitamin C has strong antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency
- The nervous system is damaged. Because, the acids needed by the nerve cells are reduced in low of vitamin C. Due to the damaged nervous system, some complications develop in the brain. These are manifested by conditions such as headache, weakness and fatigue.
- Due to the decrease of enzymes in saliva, foods cause toxins. Therefore, they damage to the gums. As a result, swelling and bleeding occur in your gums.
- In Vitamin C deficiency, skin cells do not regenerate. As a result, it shows signs of bruising and bruising on the skin.
- Weakened immunity causes aphthae in the mouth, lips, nose and cheeks.
- Severe muscle and bone pain is seen.
- Resistance to diseases decreases.
- Acne spots do not go away and acne wounds heal very slowly.
Daily Vitamin C Requirement
- 3-year-old child 35 milligrams.
- 6 years old 50 milligrams
- 9 years old 60 milligrams
- 12 years old and older 90 milligrams
How to Fix Vitamin C Deficiency ?
Since vitamin C is a vitamin found in foods, the deficiency can be eliminated by consuming foods containing vitamin C. Kiwi, blueberry, orange, lemon, tangerine, green pepper, red cabbage and rose hip can be given as examples of foods containing vitamin C. It is also found in small amounts in foods such as cress, cauliflower, arugula, broccoli, green beans and grapes. You can consume 2 glasses of orange juice to eliminate the deficiency of vitamin C daily. At the same time, one medium-sized kiwi meets 140% of the daily vitamin C requirement.
Benefits Of Vitamin C
- Prevents flu.
- Lowers high blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke.
- As it strengthens the immune system, it creates a shield against cancerous cells.
- Reduces the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection.
- It is good for diabetes.
- Renews the cells on the skin, accelerates the healing of wounds, prevents hair loss and skin diseases.
- By keeping the cells in the nervous system in balance, it reduces the rate of mental illness.
- It is also good for headaches, joint pains and eye diseases.