Lemon Benefits for Hair and How to Apply Lemon on Hair
Lemon, which is very rich in vitamin C and is perfect for lowering blood pressure, was used to shine and shape the hair in the past. According to experts, when lemon is used correctly, it provides many benefits to both hair and hair follicles. So, how to apply lemon on hair? DIY hair mask, lemon benefits for hair and more are in our article.
Lemon, which has been used frequently in alternative medicine in recent years, contains plenty of potassium, calcium, copper, magnesium, folic acid and fiber. Do you know that when consumed once a day, lemon, which provides 50% of the vitamin C that our body needs in a day, is also used in hair care? Since there were no hair sprays and gels in the past, lemon, which was used to shape the hair, actually has more benefits for the hair than you think. We have compiled for you the unknown benefits of lemon, which is used to keep the hair intact.
What Are The Benefits of Lemon For Hair And How to Apply It
- Owing to the vitamins and minerals it contains, lemon strengthens the hair and thickens the hair strands.
- Lemon contains plenty of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, folic acid and fiber. Therefore, it also plays an important role in hair care.
- The biggest benefit of lemon for hair is that it destroys dandruff. It not only eliminates dandruff, but also cleans the scalp and removes blockages in the hair follicles.
- If you want your hair to look shiny, you can add lemon juice to your conditioner.
- Lemon nourishes the hair and prevents excess sebum production. When you apply lemon juice to your hair regularly, it also prevents your itching problem.
- Owing to the citric acid in the lemon, it naturally lightens the hair color. You can see that your hair color is lighter when you apply the lemon to your hair and wait in the sun for a while. Of course, this application will not work on dark hair colors.
Side Effects of Lemon Juice for Hair
Lemon can damage the roots of the hair if used too often due to its high acidity. It can dry out your hair and cause irritation on the scalp. For this reason, it is recommended by experts to use it reasonably and correctly.
DIY Lemon Hair Mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 drops rosemary extract
How to make it
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it thickens. Then apply it to your scalp by massaging.
After waiting for 20 minutes, wash your hair with sulfate-free shampoo.