The New Favorite Vitamin Store: Bee Bread (Perga)
What bees take and extract from pollen produces not only honey, but also many other food sources. One of them is bee bread. Bee bread is formed with a mixture of honey and beeswax in the combs where bees make honey. We have searched for you this nutrient source, which is strong enough to renew almost the whole body. So what are the benefits of bee bread?
The bees, which provide the most food source to humans in nature, do not only turn the pollen they collect into honey. They also secrete a food source to feed themselves in the combs they set up for honey production. When the secreted substance is mixed with honey and beeswax, a new food the size of black peppercorns emerges. This food source that emerges over time is called bee bread. This mixture becomes consumable after self-fermentation. This new food source, noticed by bee farmers, has become popular in recent years. However, this food source was known by many people who have been intertwined with nature for centuries. Some alternative medicine experts recommend bee bread, which regenerates cells, as a natural medicine in the treatment of cancer diseases.
In the scientific literature, bee bread is called perga. After the mixture ferments in honeycomb nests, it becomes ready for use. Although it is obtained from pollen, perga has a high amount of vitamins and minerals because it is enzymatically secreted by the bee. It contains building blocks and organic compounds such as protein, lipid, carbohydrate, lactic acid, pantothenic acid, sucrose, amylase, and phosphatase. It also contains vitamins C, B1, B2, E, H and K.
Benefits of bee bread
- The bees actually store this bread they make for their winter energy needs. Bees, who cannot find nectar or pollen in winter, feed on this food and produce honey again. This powerful food source can be consumed by human beings by mixing it with milk. Or it can be drunk after boiling with water. Perga, especially consumed in winter, kills germs and viruses. It strengthens immunity naturally in humans. It also provides energy throughout the winter.
- In some studies, it has been revealed that bee bread is especially beneficial for the regeneration of the liver. Perga, which provides rapid regeneration of the liver, also supports skin health and healthier functioning of other organs.
- Perga, which is a strong source of vitamin K, supports mental activity. Bee bread, which increases brain functions, also heals the deformed cells in the nervous system in a short time. Thus, it prevents not only memory but also mental illnesses such as depression and stress.
- Perga which contains lactic acid, also benefits the muscles and bones. When consumed from childhood, it supports rapid recovery during any complications. It also reduces muscle and bone problems seen in advanced ages.
- Bee bread is easy to absorb owing to the fiber it contains. Therefore, it makes positive contributions to the digestive system. It strengthens the metabolism. It makes the digestive system work faster.
How to consume bee bread
Perga is usually consumed with foods such as water, milk, yogurt. Perga can also be consumed with herbal tea or black tea. It is usually recommended to be consumed in the morning. While adults can consume 8-10 pieces on average, it is recommended that children aged 2 years and over consume 3-4 pieces.